What Is A RED BOOK CD
A RED BOOK CD refers to a set of professional specifications for audio CD's. They are called red book because the colour of the cover of the book that contains these technical specifications is red.
All red audio CD's include:
- The Lead-In Area which contains the Table Of Contents (TOC).
- The Program Area contains all the actual audio.
- International Standard Recording Code (ISRC) are used.
- A RED BOOK CD discs is written in the Disc-At-Once (DAO) mode.
- Specialized CD mastering software is used to create a RED BOOK CD master.